The Center for Assessment and Treatment (CAAT) PEERS® social intervention program is a 16 week evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated teens and young adults who are interested in learning ways to help them make and keep friends. During each group session participants are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills in session during real play activities (e.g. playing sports, board games, etc.). Parents/guardian are taught how to assist their teen/young adult in making and keeping friends by providing feedback through coaching during weekly socialization homework assignments.
Enrollment is limited. Regular attendance is essential. Parent/caregiver participation is required. For this program to be fully beneficial, it is important for the same parent/guardian to attend all sessions. This is because the information taught through CAAT PEERS® builds from session to session.
In addition to the application, you will be asked to come for a 45-60 minute in-person assessment before admission decisions are made. Priority is based on order of receipt of application as well as the candidate’s fit/match with the group.
CAAT PEERS® does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, class, or sexual orientation.
Please complete the application below.
Call us at 240-424-0184 if you have any trouble completing the form.
- If applicant is under 18 years old and/or has a legal guardian, this should be completed by the parent/guardian.
- If applicant is 18 years old or older, this should be completed by the applicant.
Please email copies of the following documents, if available, to our secure email at info@CAATOnline.com
- Your teen’s most recent IEP.
- Your teen’s most recent neuropsychological or diagnostic evaluation.
- Any other document that you feel would be useful in helping us better understand your teen.