Diagnostic evaluation addresses the specific concern prompting an individual’s referral to CAAT. A diagnostic evaluation is a focused assessment, less comprehensive than a neuropsychological evaluation, that can help identify, diagnose and address the underlying clinical issue affecting individual performance.
Diagnostic Evaluations help clients understand and treat:
- Anxiety (particularly social anxiety)
- Self-regulation challenges
- ASD and other social disorders
- Difficulty establishing and maintaining long-lasting and healthy relationships
- Difficulty communicating with others
- Trouble reading social cues, understanding other peoples’ perspectives, and responding appropriately
- Difficulty with practical living skills
This type of assessment is also appropriate for children and adolescents who have had a recent comprehensive developmental or neuropsychological assessment, but for whom questions about specific social challenges or an autism spectrum disorder linger.
CAAT specializes in identifying and explaining social challenges, including autism spectrum and related disorders, to clients. We are experienced in the management and treatment of these conditions, and we take the time to fully answer and address client concerns, present information in meaningful ways, and plan collaboratively for individual success.
Call the office or use our online form to set-up an intake call with our client services liaison to schedule a diagnostic evaluation.